Thursday, May 18, 2006

New word: Munchkiavellian

I wanted to introduce you to my new word: Munchkiavellian. It denotes the underhanded political maneuverings of munchkins. It can be used in any situation where people with little power do what little they can to get as many people as possible to do what they want.

I did a Google search and no one's ever used it before. It's so...so pure. So elegant. So simple. I lurve it. And it's mine. All mine. So remember, if you didn't see it here first, someone else did.

I love it because it captures a common, everyday social phenonon which had heretofor gone without a name. Now, we'll know what to call it when a line manager puts his staff to work on a useless project designed to impress his/her boss's boss. Or when a co-worker exploits the single tiny operational detail entrusted to him or her to bring the team to a halt at every decision-point, we can now describe that type of behaviour.

*Gasp* It's a perfect adjective to describe Stephen Harper's minority government! Gee. Well gosh, I had no idea I was performing such a valuable public service...I guess it was worth the two month wait since my last entry.

No comments: